Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2013 corolla cig light 't work ,fuse is good,no power going

Customer Question

2013 corolla cig light don't work ,fuse is good,no power going to wires in back of lighter assembly
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. You are testing for power in the Grey wire at the back of the outlet, is this correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need some more info on gray wire,is there a fusable link or something causing no power to cig lighter

The grey wire is powered by the 15 amp CIG fuse, which is the 9th fuse socket from the left on the bottom row of the fuse panel under the dashboard.

Let me clarify that you have no power in the grey wire when you remove it from the back of the lighter. Is this correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no power to grey wire,there is a good 15 amp fuse.power going in and power going out

The grey wire goes right to the fuse panel. Does this car have a power socket?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no it does not

On some cars, the gewy wire goes into a wire connector with several other wires. It is possible, since you have no power in the grey wire, that the wire has come out of the connector. You would need to trace the gray wire back form the receptacle into the harness to find the connector. then take the connector apart and see if you have power on the side of the connector that is connected to the fuse panel.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
gotcha ,so somewhere between the fuse and the connector there is a problem

Correct.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
gotcha thank you

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer