Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I own a 2006 ghlander. Great car. Very few problems. last 2

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I own a 2006 Highlander. Great car. Very few problems. last 2 years I've been driving it with the instrument panel lights on. I've gotten many ideas and suggestions on how to fix, but I'd like to get an expert opinion before I spend any money on a car with 244000 miles.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The first thing you need to do is get the car scanned. When the check engine light is on, there is information that can be obtained ('codes') that identify what system is affected. This is critical to the resolution of the issue. The Check engine light can come on for over 100 different reasons. It would be unwise to speculate on exactly what the cause is. Most auto parts stores perform vehicle scans for free, or for a very low price (so they can sell you their parts). If you can take the car to a place and get it scanned, we can move forward with the determination of the problem and the repair(s) needed. Please advise if you can get a scan. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can scan to get the codes. How can I relay the codes to you once I get them?

Reply right back to this chat box