Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I'd prefer assistance from either Skyvisions, Ted Ritter

Customer Question

I'd prefer assistance from either Skyvisions, Ted Ritter or Genchi Genbutsu, whoever is online & able to answer the soonest.07 Toyota Sienna 150000 miles.Problem with passenger side power sliding doorThe power functions on the door are working fine except I recently noticed the door will not hold open when parked on a decline. It does latch & hold open when parked on a flat surface. On a decline, it will open fully, but never latches or clicks and instead just reverses itself & closes again. I can get it to hold open on a decline if I turn off the power functions, then open it manually to the point where it latches or clicks.The only history I'm aware of on the door was a different unrelated issue but will share if it's helpful. I replaced the power lock release actuator a few years ago, but that was because the door wouldn't open by itself, I had to do pull the handle manually then it would take over.I'm assuming another part needs to be replaced but I'm not well versed on these power doors so thought I'd ask here. I'd also like an idea of whether or not it's something I could do myself. If not, I'd like a ballpark of what it would cost to have a dealer fix it.Thanks for any insight you can give me.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. It doesnt appear any of the experts you requested have been online in the lat 12 hours. If you prefer to wait for one of them, let me know and I will opt out or if you would like help at this point, let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you work in a Toyota dealership & are very familiar with these power sliding doors then I'd be willing to work with you.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

No, I am an independent shop owner. I have worked on a few of those doors, but probably not as familiar with them as a dealer tech. I will opt out and let one of the techs you requested answer when they get online

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm still waiting for a response, preferably from Skyvisions, Ted Ritter or Genchi Genbustu if possible. I'll relist Monday if there isn't a reply before then.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This question can be closed. I've created a new question for a Toyota dealer tech to answer since this post has gone unanswered for several days.