Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Car: Toyota Yaris 2000; engine is shutting off after 10-15

Customer Question

car: Toyota Yaris 2000; engine is shutting off after 10-15 minutes and doesn't start till it is completely cold (about 3 to 4 hours) please tell me by mail or written what the problem can be.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like the fuel pump is faulty, or, the relay that powers the fuel pump is faulty. The relay is called the Circuit Opening Relay", and they are known to fail over time. I would recommend you replace the circuit opening relay and see if that cures the problem. If not, replace the fuel pump.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer