Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

My cabin heater used to supply heat to the cabin shortly

Customer Question

my cabin heater used to supply heat to the cabin shortly after starting--recently it seem like several minutes goes by before I am able to get any hot air. I took it to my dealer but he said I have no problem-- but I think it still exists
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin the cooling system on the engine is used to heat the cabin so the only bearing on how long it takes to get heat is how long it takes for engine to warm.the only part that regulates engine temperature is the thermostat .the thermostat is closed until engine reches a certain temperature allowing the part of the cooling system that goes to cabin heater to warm quickly .once that temperature is reached the thermostat opens to incoperate the radiator back into cooling system.if the thermostat were not to close fully (very common) then the period of time it takes to warm will be significantly extended .i would recommend the replacement of the thermostat

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else