Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

1998 rav4 2.0 was running fine parked it next day would not

Customer Question

1998 rav4 2.0 was running fine parked it next day would not start . replaced fuel pump/filter and cam sensor has a po340 code ! to get vehicle to sart first time had to plug and unplug fuel pump while spining over , once it starts it will rev in park and idle good. can turn ignition off and will resart no problem. pull into gear and it will stall or die
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The P0340 code is a camshaft position sensor code. If this sensor is faulty, the car will not run or accelerate properly. More often than not, the P0340 code indicates replacement of the cam position sensor is needed. However, it is possible that there is damage to the wiring, or a faulty wire connector. The recommendation I have for you on this request would be to inspect the camshaft position sensor wires and connector, and, if all good, replace the sensor.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer