Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2007 which wont start. The electric is good and

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2007 which wont start. The electric is good and there is plenty of gas but there is no "Ready" light
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Car will not start. The electric is good and there is plenty of gas but there is no "Ready" light. Its almost like the engine wont kick in. 2007 prius sorry dont know how I forgot that
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2007 Prius
Plenty of Gas
Attempted to Jump the Car no luck
Car acts similar to if you start the car with your foot off the brake (yes my foot is on the brake when attempting to start)
"Ready" light does not come on. I do NOT get a red triangle light either.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 10 months ago.

Do you have any way to check for malfunction codes that may be set in the engine control computer? When you put your foot on the brake pedal does the light in the start buttton turn green? Did you try starting with the remote in the slot?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you have any way to check for malfunction codes that may be set in the engine control computer?
[TIM] I do and will have this tonight. I have to go back with the computer.When you put your foot on the brake pedal does the light in the start buttton turn green?
[Tim] When I first press the power button it goes green (brake pedal is pressed) and then when I press the start button again it goes orange/red.Did you try starting with the remote in the slot?
[Tim] Yes.

At this Point there more than likely would have to be code set at least in the engine control computer and possibly in the hybrid control computer.Get back with me this evening when you can scan the system to tell me what codes are set in the system. Do You have any history on the vehicle leading up to this current problem? Are you a private owner or a repair facility?