MDT-89
MDT-89, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Master Diagnostic Technician
91552914

What can cause the abs, brake lights and speedometer light

Customer Question

What can cause the abs, brake lights and speedometer light to come on at the same time?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  MDT-89 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Lets see what we can get figured out. Usually when light come on it is indicating that there is a problem. Also multiple light come on at the same time because multiple computers detect the problem and are instructed to illuminate the warning indicator. When did your issue begin and have you been able to look at the fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two months ago. I did but the mechanic could not figured.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The speedometer stops working when the other 2 lights come on. It comes on and off like that whIle driving.
Expert:  MDT-89 replied 1 year ago.

Oh I see... Now I have come across a similar issue multiple times. What I have found is a fault in the skid control ecu. There sometimes is a fault with the communication between that particular ecu and the others which causes the speedo to not show a speed and the lights to come on. What needs to be done at the time of the fault is to inspect the communication wires from the skid control.

Expert:  MDT-89 replied 1 year ago.

It does become a little more difficult to diagnose it being a communication issue. But that is what I have come across and may possibly be what is malfunctioning in yours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, how many belts are there in the camry, and when should they be changed?
Expert:  MDT-89 replied 1 year ago.

There is only one belt. It is a serpentine belt that requires replacementonly as needed. You inspect it for cracks to determine if it requires replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks MDT-80. You have been very helpful.
Expert:  MDT-89 replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome I appreciate it. If its not much trouble you can now rate me...