Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

2004 prius, alarm goes off randomly. Replaced battery,

Customer Question

Customer: 2004 prius, alarm goes off randomly. Replaced battery, didn't fix. Would like to just kill the alarm, with a 2004 car with 130000 ***** ***** not really worried about thieves.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm steve. nothing more to report, with car parked, turned off and locked, no one touching, alarm just goes which is horn honking incessantly can stop it with the smart key but that's not a great solution if it goes off at 3:00 am.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, and $20 is very fair.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Steve,

Unfortunately the alarm system on your Prius can not be by-passed and in order to determine why it sounding you are going to need to first with having the system scanned and see what the fault code is that should be setting when the system is activating. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved.