Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 Toyota ghlander ghbrid. In the past I have had

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** *****, I have a 2006 Toyota Highlander Highbrid. In the past I have had elecrical problems with driver's side headlight that the dealer fixed. Now thy can't fix it anymore, but din't offr a solution. What should I do? Get a new headlight assembly? Mary Elizabeth
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've tried putting a new bulb in, but that doesn't work. The high beams work, but the headlight on driver's side doesn't work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If I understand the issue here, the driver side low beam does nto owrk, but the bulb is new, and someone has fooled about with some kind of wiring repair...is this the case? Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Correct. Toyota Service says there is an electrical problem but didn't offer a solution. Should I get a new headlight assembly?

If there is a problem in the electrical, a new headlamp will not be much or a cure. In order to rectify this, once and for all, you need accurate diagnosis. If you want, we can do this together. It will involve the use of a 12 volt DC testlight. If you do not want to do the test, have a shop check to sse if there is power in the low beam side of the inoperative bulb. After I know this I can offer you viable solutions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, I will work on this on Fri and get back to you.

ok. I will be here Friday Afternoon

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I found someone who fixed it. Thank you.

ok