Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

No power to my fuel pump. Replaced efi relay and fuse and

Customer Question

No power to my fuel pump. Replaced efi relay and fuse and the circuit opening relay and a new ignition switch. When I run a jumper between the the fp and b+ terminals with the key on still now power to pump. Tested the b+ terminal and there's no power to it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 10 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

When turning the key to on do all dash lights turn on including the check engine light?

Do you have 12 volts to the injector connectors, one side should be hot.

does it have voltage to the plus side of the coil? key on?

Hello, I have to leave for a couple of hours, here's a couple of things you can check:

The injectors get power directly from the ignition switch, if there is power there, which I think is the case, check the wiring under the truck coming from the O2 sensors and go up near the firewall, make sure these are not shorted out or have burned insulation, if there is power to the coil but not the injectors it won't have power to the B+ terminal either, the problem is the loss of voltage to the B+ terminal, once this is fixed the fuel pump will run and the engine will start. I will check back a little later.