Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My name is ***** *****,
, I have a 2009 Prius and

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2009 Prius and bought a fog light kit for it. It is called a plug n play harness which leads me to believe all the connections just plug into existing connectors. I figured out everything except two wires. One is a white wire in a brown connector which powers the lights through a fuse and relay contacts. the other is a red wire which powers the relay contacts through a dash switch. this has the one red wire in a 4 position gray connector. where should they go?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is an after market set up and not a factory Toyota set up I would contact the facility they were purchased at and see if they have any diagrams or connection info for this model here.If this is a factory plug and play system for your model let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete