Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Flooded floor passenger side 1991 corolla
, Yes. This

Customer Question

Customer: Flooded floor passenger side 1991 corolla
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. This happened around the same time as a problem of the spare tire getting flooded, but I don't see any connection. In the front, it is just the passenger side floor that is flooded. It's been raining a lot. I got most of the water out, but it's still wet.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Do I need to watch my computer constantly for a while? How long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Does this vehicle have a sunroof? Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's a useless question. Of course if there were a leaking sunroof, I could figure it our. Please make sure my money is refunded.

I am very sorry, that is not a useless question. I have rectified at least 30 disconnected sunroof drain tubes on Corollas, and replaced 10 cracked sunroof bases in my 20 years with Toyota. Therefore, if the car has a sunroof, this could easily be the problem. If you would like to continue, please advise.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want my money back.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will you make sure I get my money back or not?

Please contact Just Answer's customer service. The expert base has nothing to do with any funds.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You know very well that this problem occurs in many Toyotas. Most models of 1991 do not have sunroofs. If a leaky sunroof is the problem it is easy to see and there would be no need to ask anyone what caused it. An expert would know better about the more common causes of this problem. Instead of giving me guidance, you waste my time. I will be very annoyed if I wind up paying for this.

I am not going to spar with you sir. Since I cannot see you car, I have to ask questions. They may be 'mundane' and 'useless' to you, but, in order to give you the absolute best assistance possible, I have to ask what you call stupid questions. By the way, our body shop installed a lot of sunroofs back in the early 90s. SO, if your car does not have a sunroof, and the floor is wet, I would be water testing the front firewall and cowl panels with the carpeting pulled back. I would expect to see seepage at the body seams, which would be very common on a 23 year old car. Additionally, if the cowl drains are clogged up, water is going to back up the cowl panel and eventually make its way into the air intake for the ventilation system. This accounts for the water on the passenger floor. On the trunk leak, the taillight seals are bad. We have re glued these lamp assemblies many many times. We use black RTV to reseal the lamp assemblies. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.