Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Backed into tree stump that pushed rear tire forward, need

Customer Question

Customer: backed into tree stump that pushed rear tire forward , need to replace control arms and trailing arm . how do you remove the front control arm for the rear tire , do you have to drop the gas tank?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry , 01 toyota camry rear tire pushed forward and toed in at front
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. No, you should not have to remove the tank to remove the strut arm. The service manual only specifies that the rear tire and the exhaust be removed (on the right side). There is no mention of the tank needing removal.