Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I'm working on a 2009 Toyota Corolla le and I replaced the

Customer Question

I'm working on a 2009 Toyota Corolla le and I replaced the fusible link. When I started the car everything worked except for the blinkers, hazard, brake,tailights and headlights. There aren't any broken fuses and I didn't see any broken wires. What could it be
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Can you check for power in some locations (a test light or voltmeter)? Please advise.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a multimeter

Ok. Let's go to the car and raise the hood. Open the fuse panel and, using the label on the panel lid, locate the following relay: H-LP Start the vehicle and remove this relay. Place your meter on 20 VDC and ground the black lead to the battery negative terminal. Probe all four sockets of the H-LP relay. Advise how many sockets have power. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
after putting it together this time, I think I over looked it or I had something not pushed all they way in and the only lights that don't work are the blinkers and the reverse lights. But the hazard lights do work
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 10 months ago.

The turn signals and the reverse lamps are the only ones that are inoperative, is this correct? Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
also the ac and heat fan aren't coming on. And it seems the car ain't starting without a jump and after I remove the cables, the electronics begin turning off then on for a few minutes while the motors idles then eventually shuts off.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Could that be because it hasn't been started in a week and it's been below freezing here?

If the car needs jumped, and the electronics starts turning off, your alternator is not producing sufficient voltage to maintain the electronic loads placed on it. I would have the alternator output tested. It needs to be 14.4 volts DC, and at least 50-60 amps. No less on either specification. If either is less, you need to replace the alternator. It is also what is causing the battery to go dead and you have to jump it.