Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I just installed a Clarion NX405 into a 2003 4Runner. The

Customer Question

Customer: I'm Bill... I just installed a Clarion NX405 into a 2003 4Runner. The unit has power but the screen goes blank after the initial start screen. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The unit powers up with the Clarion splash screen, then goes blank. When vehicle is put in reverse, the backup camera works as advertised. Also, the radio stays powered on when key is removed. Have checked the power (constant and switched) is correct and used a light tested to verify.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Infiniti Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm willing
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the power and grounds are all present and correct on the connection here and with what is occuring here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the radio/head unit itself.I have seen some of these fail before and act up like this here and had to remove and replace it or have it repaired by a repair facility.I suspect this may need done on your model here as well.It will have to be tested internally to locate and repair the issue or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete