scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

Security light is blinking and the car is not starting

Customer Question

Customer: Security light is blinking and the car is not starting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2007 toyota rav4 this morning i used the key to enter the car not the automatic lock unlock after that the car is not starting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

You may have inadvertently put the car in to theft mode. Exit the vehicle and confirm that all doors are closed. Insert key into drivers side door lock, turn the key to the lock position twice, then turn the key to the unlock position twice. Enter car and attempt to start the vehicle. Let me know how you make out with this.