Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

The interior lights suddenly came on after passenger got out

Customer Question

The interior lights suddenly came on after passenger got out of carvand are staying on even if I turn engine off and lock car. Of course I've tried closing all doors. Also Tried to push light switch at front doors by hand as would happen when doors close... the only light that turned off is down low on door. The overhead ones are staying on
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a faulty door position switch which is part of the door latch itself.Usually it is the drivers door latch itself that fails and causes this here as it is the door that is used the most but this may be the door that the passenger exited that needs the latch replaced since the fault occurred after the passenger left the vehicle.This will have to be checked into/tested further to be sure and then from there replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete