Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Regarding a 98 Camry 3.0 P0325 and P0330 Are you familiar

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Regarding a 98 Camry 3.0 P0325 and P0330 Are you familiar with these P codes?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. Ive been battling these returning, but yet intermittent, P0325 and P0330 codes. 1) Have you heard of these codes being intermittent?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, I'll wait a bit. Thank you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Yes, I am very familiar with the P0325 and P0330 codes. These codes relate to the Knock Sensors. Specifically, the P0325 is for the sensor on the right bank, and the p0330 is for the left bank. Unless there was something terribly wrong with the engine (internal problems or incredibly bad fuel), we have observed a lot of the knock sensor wire harnesses being damaged by rodents. If you are using the proper grade fuel (89 octane), and not e-85, it is a high likelihood that the problem is one of the following: Detached wire connectors form the sensors, damage to the wires, failed sensors. It would be exceptionally rare for the knock sensors to both fail at the same time. If this car was in my shop I would be looking for wire issues as described above, and the possibility of the connectors being detached from the sensors. It would be prudent to have this diagnosed and rectified, as the sensors are critical to proper engine performance. The recommendation I have for you on this request would be (assuming the engine runs ok and is not making any clattering noises) to have the knock sensor wiring and connectors visually inspected. If the wire and connectors are ok, replace both knock sensors.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer