Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a Toyota Tundra 2011 ignition key will not come out

Customer Question

I have a Toyota Tundra 2011 ignition key will not come out but only in cold weather,took to dealership but it was warm weather then and they found no problems,cold weather is back same problem.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Your truck has an ignition lock solenoid that is energized when shifted to park to allow key removal. Your symptoms indicate the solenoid is weak and not moving allowing the key to be removed. Temperature can effect this solenoids operation when it gets weak. Let me know if you have a multimeter and console or column shifter if you want to diagnose and repair this yourself.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.