Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

I have a 2003 toyota sequoia,after looking the car in 10 to

Customer Question

I have a 2003 toyota sequoia,after looking the car in 10 to 15 min the alarm goes off. Can I disable the alarm so it does not work.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  MDT-89 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Lets see what we can get figured out together? Do you know what time of alarm is installed on your vehicle?

Expert:  MDT-89 replied 1 year ago.

If not we can try to work around it. Most of the 03 Toyota models were equipped with a VIP security system. The main component for the system is installed near the steering column. To get to it you will need to remove a few panels under the steering column. Once you get to that particular ecu you can simply unplug it to disable the system. I hope that helps...

Expert:  MDT-89 replied 1 year ago.

Any luck?

Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
Because the Factory Alarm "arms" with Locking the Doors & "disarms" with Unlocking the Doors, there is NO way to "disable" the Factory Alarm, without extensive "rewiring" of the Security System of the vehicle.
IF you do NOT want the Factory Alarm to "arm", do NOT use the Remotes or the Door Switch to Lock the vehicle.
Lock Doors "manually"
You can Unlock with the Remote or Door Switch, but do not Lock with the Remote or Door Switch.

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.