Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Hy I have a v6 1998 camry that surges even when cold from

Customer Question

Hy I have a v6 1998 camry that surges even when cold from idle this seems to be linked with the a/c
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If this car was in my shop, I would be removing and inspection the Idle Air Control valve. If it looks black and covered with carbon buildup, I would be replacing it. This is a very common issue with these cars, mosr especially when the mileage is rather high. The recommendation I have for you would be to have the Idle Air Control valve visually inspected and replaced if found to be dirty. DO not waste time and money trying to clean it. Once they carbon up they fail; cleaning does not fix them.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer