Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, 32 years, diagnostic/repair / electrical specialist
13677702

My car has 16" hubs, but I have 17" rims. The bolt pattern

Customer Question

My car has 16" hubs, but I have 17" rims. The bolt pattern in the same & the rims fit over the hubs. Is there a safety issue I should be concerned about?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, generally no issues or problems, A couple things should be noted though, You need to make sure the lug stugs protrude enough through the new rim holes so you get adequate number of threads to put nuts on, If you do? then it is important to try and use new nut s or ones designed for the new rims, if you are good there? then torquing is 76 ft lbs for each wheel nut, It is good practice to drive say 100 miles and then do a retorque of the lug nuts, then you are fine after that, if the larger rims still allow clearance with tires to body upon hard turns and son on you will be just fine using the larger rims and is not unsafe if you follow my directions above

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quick professional reply to my question that was accurate. I give Randall C. an A+!
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Please rate my service provided on the "smiley faces":) many thanks, ***** ***** goes well