Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I had a 95 toyota 4runner which engine runs minutes then

Customer Question

hi i had a 95 toyota 4runner which engine runs for some minutes then stop then wait to cool it down and restart the engine again,tis hapenned while i was driving one rainy day,so im still trying to figure it out
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common component that will cause a fault like this here is the crank position sensor itself.This is a generator pickup coil inside the distributor on this model if it has the V6 engine.This sensor will cut out intermittently and cause a stall out here and then usually has to sit and cool for a period of time before it will restart then it may act up again soon after it is restarted in most cases.If this has not been checked into to see if this is the cause here this should be done.If found at fault the entire distributor needs replaced.If you have the 4 cylinder engine and not the V6 let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete