Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I just replaced my truck battery and drove it about 3

Customer Question

I just replaced my truck battery and drove it about 3 minutes down the road when my a/t oil light came on and my truck just shut down, it cranked back up but barely long enough for me to get off the road before it did it again... What does this mean?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It may have shut down due to the transmission either over heating or the computer thinking it over heated due to a faulty transmission temperature sensor or possibly an issue with a fuse that may have blown due to a voltage surge/spike that may have occured.I would check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels as in some cases when replacing the battery can cause a voltage spike shorting out one or more fuses.

If these are all found to be o.k. then the fault codes need checked with a scan tool that will plug into your vehicle and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set and to check the temp sensor signal.Any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.The temp sensor may need tested as well to see if it needs replaced and if found o.k. the transmission will need checked to see if it has a loss of fluid or an internal mechanical fault causing this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete