Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I own a 2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7 v8. My issue right now is

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** own a 2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7 v8. My issue right now is that my abs light my traction control is on. And my vsc light is blinking. What could be the issue
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The lights are on because the control system is not receiving a confirmation that all of the sensors are operational. The entire system does a self-check when the vehicle is started. The recommendation here would be to get the vehicle attached to a scan tool. Once this is done, the scan tool will extract the 'code(s)' from the electronic control units. Once you have the codes in hand, further diagnosis is possible. It would not be a good idea to speculate what the issue is before the results of the scan are obtained. Any speculation may not be the actual cause and the expense of said speculation would be money wasted. More often than not, the light blinks because of a wheel speed sensor issue, but that needs to be proven by the scan.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer