Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My name is ***** *****. I replaced Bank 2 O2 Sensor 2 on my

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. my name is ***** *****. I replaced Bank 2 O2 Sensor 2 on my 2002 Camry V6. I diagnosed the problem with a new 'launch OBD Book OBDII scanner. Once I installed the new sensor, I erased the code with the scanner. As soon as I started the car and drove forward, the VSC and TRAC lights came on instantly. The O2 problem seems to be fixed however now I've got these new problems. Did the scanner erase the VSC and TRAC settings in the EMC? If so, how would I reset them?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's all I have to go by now. Never had VSC and Trac issues before.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, and will pay if I can do so through pay pal or something similar.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Based on your description of the issues, I am inclined to think that you have two different issues happening here at the same time. Your scanner erased the B2S2 code, but it does not change any of the ABS/VSC/TRAC settings. I believe you also have a problem with the VSC or TRAC system (bad wheel speed sensor, etc). Note that not all scanners are compatible with this car. I would recommend that you have the car scanned with a compatible scanner and then address the additional codes that will be found (because the VSC and TRAC lights are on). Once you have this data, we can diagnose the issue further. Without the reason for the VSC and TRAC lights being on, we will be guessing at the possibilities. That could get real expensive and not fix the issue if we guess incorrectly.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer