Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

VOXY 2004 RECLINER SEAT MECHANISM NOT LOCKING AFTER FLIPPING

Customer Question

VOXY 2004 RECLINER SEAT MECHANISM NOT LOCKING AFTER FLIPPING OVER TO LET BACK SEAT PASSENGERS IN
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any debris in the seat latch or pivot mechanisms and if any debris is found it will need removed and cleaned to correct this here.I find this is one of the more common issues for this fault here.If this has already been checked and found o.k. this may be a fault with the latch itself that latches the seat needing replaced or any cable that releases the latch binding holding the latch in the release position.The seat would usually need taken apart for full inspection and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Pete, I had already carried out the inspection you suggested.I was hoping for some detailed instructions or diagrams to assist in the removal of this sub assembly as it is obviously a ratchet inside the external plate that is not engaging.." My info is somewhat limited on your model here" your quote Pete. There must be 100 000s of these Toyota mechanisms world wide, and I would have thought you would have had access to "exploded diagrams" so that you could make more specific suggestions. The whole point of an internet service such as offered by this website is to provide helpful suggestions from a distance.As I live on a South Pacific island, "Just ask" seemed to be a possible solution to pay for. As a mechanic you must have many resource links that would assistWhat else can you come up with that might help towards a repair solution ?Thanks in anticipation,Keith
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately my info doesn't cover this model here fully.I will have to open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your prompt response. That was appreciated.I certainly understand that the many things that can go wrong with vehicles is a huge field, and impossible to cover everything.
Somebody else in your team may have come across this before.CheersKeith
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Your welcome

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pete, was my question opened up to the mechanics with a Toyota background please ?Surely with the 100 000's of this type of seat in production since 2004, somebody has experience and a solution tp my problem.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Yes it has been reopened to Toyota experts here.

Thanks Pete