Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am ***** *****.my wife has a 97 Tacoma 4x4,4cyl.2.7 liter

Customer Question

Customer: hi I am ***** *****.my wife has a 97 Tacoma 4x4,4cyl.2.7 liter 5speed trans.heater will not get warm at all.i changed thermostat,water pum fan hoses,all of them.temp guage takes couple minutes to reach middle of guage.i flushed system 3times no help.it 9degrees outside,so gota fix it.u can call me(###) ###-####
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it just blows cold air,at any setting,system is realy clean,i aint dumb on cars ,but this one makes me feel that way lol.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yEP I can wait till about 9 am then I gota go to work she had to take my hoopty truck to work its not real safe to drive but the HEATER WORKS
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I see that you have attached a live phone call request. I will attach the necessary screen for you to navigate to initiate our conversation. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi this is ,i have the prob with my wifes 97 toyota 4x4 the heater does not get hot at all.i changed thermostst water pump,hoses heater core and radiator, n nothing has fixed it,i was also charged 20 dollars on my credit card today.to get an anser on what the problem is and now you say i gota pay you 27,95 to get anser. wtf,, i dont ever need help on my cars and the one time i do you all want paid twice.,and i still dont have an anser from anybody.,BS,.ron(###) ###-#### ***** place a scam or what

Hello. We are not a scam. The site charges extra for a live phone call. You have not been charged anything yet.

With regard to your question (without the phone conversation), I would like to know if you replaced the heater control valve. If not, is the valve hot on both sides, and, is the temperature control moving the control valve fully? Thanks

Second, did you install a genuine Toyota thermostat or an aftermarket thermostat? Most aftermarket units are opening at 180 degrees F. You want your thermostat to open at 192 degrees F. The 12 degree temperature increase in coolant is quite noticeable at the heater core output.