Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is ***** ***** and I have a problem with the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** and I have a problem with the battery/electrical system on 2011 Toyota sienna battery has discharged a couple of times and I jumped it just last week after an accident that damaged the back lift gate. It has been driving fine. now the car wouldn't start this am. I tried jumping it and when I connected the cables the horn strted blowing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was able to charge up the battery enough to start the engine just now by holding down the start button for 15 seconds but none of the electrical accessories work in the car including the shift lock, power steering, power seats, etc.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long is a bit?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. What you probably have going on here (with regard to the inoperative accessories) is a blown fuse in the engine compartment of under the dash on the left side. Jumping the battery can allow a surge of current to enter the fuse panels and cause the fuses to blow. With regard to the caiuse of the battery discharging, I suspect you have an electrical issue inside the damaged tailgate. If you need further assistance, or have any questions, please feel free to reply.