Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

How to identify which fuse Trunda air bag

Customer Question

how to identify which fuse for Toyota Trunda air bag
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. There really is no 'fuse' specific to the Air Bag system on a 2005 Tundra. The air bag system is fused off of the fuise that powers the ignition. Please describe the problem you are having. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
disconnecting passinger air bag as it is faulty and dealer won't be able to replace for up to 2 years and I can't have anyone in the passinger seat

I do not understand why the dealer cannot replace it for 2 years...Please clarify..

If the air bag light is ON, and the diagnosis has revealed that the passenger air bag is faulty, it will NOT deploy in the event of a collision.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats what the local dealer told me and so did the Toyota corp. office.

If you want to defeat the entire air-bag system, all you have to do is disconnect the main wire at the center air bag sensor under the console. (the metal box withthe bright yellow wires).

That makes no sense. If someone was injured in a collision because the air bag did not deply, and you have evidence that the dealer stated that they cannot replace it for 2 years they can be found guilty of contributory negligence.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my cell phone is 1-(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the air bag is a recall and they say they can't get for for that long
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also tghere is two different yellow wires

Please click on the Accept phone conversation icon to speak via phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help

You are very welcome. This recall has been out for quite some time. If the dealer is not replacing your faulty module, and they cannot replace it in a short time, you should tell them to give you this in writing. This way, if something happens, and a passenger gets injured, you can sue the daylights out of the dealership. This recall should have been completed by now, and certainly NOT 2 years form now. If they are stringing you out, call the NHTSA national hotline and file a complaint.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer