Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I changed by 51R battery today. The other one was going dead

Customer Question

I changed by 51R battery today. The other one was going dead and we had to keep jumping it for the car to start. Now the car will not start and the display says in Red Letters "BRAKE MALFUNCTION see Dealer" and "Check Hybrid System" can you help?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely one or more fault codes have set with this issue here after the battery was replaced such as low voltage codes as this will cause this fault here.If you have not had the fault codes checked or cleared out this needs done using either a scan tool that is fully compatible to speak to all computers on your vehicle plugged into your vehicle or a computer compatible plugged into your vehicle.

In some cases all that needs done is to have the fault codes cleared out/erased to correct this type of fault here if low voltage codes have set.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you I had a dealer look at on Saturday.It was problem with the connection, and it sounds like we blew the main fuse in the process.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Your welcome.Glad to see it has been resolved.Let me know if you need anything else here and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete