John Bryant
John Bryant,
Experience:  Owner & class A mechanic at Excel Tech Mobile Repair Corp.
60169151

What does it mean when my 2010 Toyota 4runner maintenance

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. What does it mean when my 2010 Toyota 4runner maintenance light blinks 8 times then goes off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: there isn't anymore to give. I'm not having any issues other than the light blinking 8 times and then it goes off. It's when i start up the vehicle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes but how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should i be expecting a text or email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This keeps estimating 8 minutes for wait time & it's been 50 minutes
Expert:  John Bryant replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to Just Answer. I am an ASE Certified Auto Technician with 45 years of real world experience in dealerships and the aftermarket. I was the owner of a facility for 20 of those years. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution. I will also make every effort to give all of the information you may need with the expectation you will give me a positive rating. Please be aware that I am usually working with a few people at a time so it may take a few minutes to respond OK.

It is telling you the vehicle is due for a maintenance interval. The owners manual will explain what needs to be done and how to clear the light. It may have to to cleared with a scanner after the maintenance is completed but probably not. Hope that helps. God bless you in the New Year!

Do you have the owners manual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's a maintenance interval?

It depends on how it is set by the manufacturer. It could be every 5,000 - 7,500 miles but they want the oil changed and certain filters at varying intervals. Again the owners manual that came with the vehicle will explain it.

If you don't have access to the manual I will do the best I can to find a PDF copy for you OK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not time for my oil to be changed and it stays on when it's due so I know it's not the oil. My vehicle has around 80,000 miles.
Is there anything around that amount of mileage that is typical?

Yes that would be a major service ie, air filter, cabin air filter, different fluids in the drive train etc.

Do you have the owners manual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It will explain what is due and how to clear the light. After you look through it let me know if you need anything else.

Make it a great day!

Hi, it's John I was hoping you were satisfied with my help and if so could you please rate me so I can close this ticket I would really appreciate it.

Hope you have a very successful New Year.