Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Rhodes - Check engine, CVS, and 4WD lights on on a 2006 Rav

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Rhodes - Check engine, CVS, and 4WD lights on on a 2006 Rav 4 Toyota with six cylinder engine and right at 140,000 miles
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Don't know - lights just came on this afternoon. Wondering if I can run a couple of errands before I take it in to dealer tomorrow or Saturday
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

These lights come on when the computer system sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what has failed the first thing you are going to need to do is to have your dealer scan the system. You are fine to drive it until you can get it in. The system has back up strategy and in most cases you will not notice any change in the way the engine runs.