Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 30+ years in automotive repair.
10906483

I have 2006 Toyota ascent with A/C switch light flashing?

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I have 2006 Toyota ascent with A/C switch light flashing ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have continuous power at A/C pressure switch , relay has been replaced & A/C system regased ! still no power to compressor although if turned vehicle off & restart sometimes it will operate for a few minutes & other times a couple of seconds
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes that's o/k
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dj replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for trusting us with your question. I'm DJ.

When the AC light blinks, it's a warning that saying the AC compressor isn't turning at the same speed as the engine.

This could be cause by a couple of things.

First the drive belt could be slipping. If' it's got oil on it from a leak or if somebody spilled oil on it, this could be the cause.

It could be an AC clutch problem. The AC clutch locks up when it gets a command from the AC controller. But normally there would be other symptoms if this was happening.

And last and most expensive is the AC compressor could be failing. If the compressor is locking up, it will cause the light to flash.

Is this something that you intend to fix yourself or will you be taking it into a repair shop?

DJ

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am an Auto electrician & this is a customers vehicle !
I appear to have no power at compressor !
This customer has been to a mechanic whom changed relay & gases A/C !
Is there something between pressure switch & compressor?
Expert:  Dj replied 11 months ago.

There's an AC relay. If it's not in the fuse box under the hood, it's on the passenger side (at least on US models). Up under the dash, there's a couple of fuses and a relay.