Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I waited 40 minutes at Jiffy Lube before they were willing

Customer Question

I waited 40 minutes at Jiffy Lube before they were willing to discuss service with me. I saw them holding a filter when they came in to tell me my oil change on my newer Nissan Versa would be $70. I called Carmax, the company from whom I purchased the car, who is doing my oil change for $28.95. Obviously, I did not agree to the service at Jiffy Lube. My appointment with Carmax isn't until January 6th. Since I left Jiffy Lube, my car is emitting a horrible smell resembling hair spray. I think they tampered with my car. Is there anything I can do to protect the integrity of my car until my appointment next week?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. 70 dollars for an oil change is typical for a scam shop. There are people out there with Jiffy Lube franchises that do nothing but rape the public. Never use a place like this. The Nissan dealer is your best place to go. Realistically, they are nto more than most other places. Plus you get trained technicians that will not spray oil all over the engine or leave the filter or drain plug loose (and one of these is what has probably happened here). You shoudl NOT wait until Jan 6 for Carmax. You need to get this car checked out tomorrow morning. If you have a leaking filter, or a loose drain plug, you could end up with a burnt-up motors. DO not take this risk. Call your local Nissan dealer and get it checked out. If Jiffy Lube messed it up, they are responsible for the repair bill.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer