Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My headlights ONLY will come on randomly on my 2003 Toyota

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, ***** *****, my headlights ONLY will come on randomly on my 2003 Toyota Tundra. I have replaced the turn signal/lights indicator on the steering column, and recently replaced the relay in the fuse box. This fixed the issue for 45-60 days, now it's back !! What else can be causing this ??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If you have a volt-ohmmeter and a 12 volt DC test light, we can trace this system to see what the problem is. Please advise if you have these tools. Without them we cannot proceed with the diagnosis. Thanks