roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Afriend bought a 85 camry. runs great, but after a while

Customer Question

Afriend bought a 85 camry. runs great, but after a while when he drove it, it would cut off, and wouldn't restart. After a while, it would start again and run, only to shut off again. He replaced all the spark plugs and spark plug wires, replaced the electric coil.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, I meant a 95 toyota camry.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I corrected my mistake. It was a 1995 toyota Camry, with a110,000 miles. The gas guage does not work, so he thought it might have run out of gas, but when he put gas in it, it was full. He drives it, when you slow down, it wants to go down to idle, about 10 muinutes and it shuts off, after about an hour it strarts and goes again. he changed wires, spark plugs, new rotary cap, new coil, and fuel pump.
Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

distributor failure was a common failure for these back in the day. when they heat up they opena dn stop spark. when it shuts off, did you check to see if it has spark???

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy