Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2008 Toyota Lexus Fromm Japan. I did a general

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Toyota Lexus Fromm Japan. I did a general service and when I got back the car I notice that my check engine light and stability control light comes on the same time after driving for a few kilometres. Did a diagnostic and they said all sensors are fine but the car is running a little lean with th gas an air intake. They say I may have bad gas and I should empty the tank, replenish with new fluid and use a octane booster. I'm not sure what this will do but I am seeking some guidance.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the vehicle is running lean there is a chance that maybe a vacuum line was disconnected/bumped loose when the service was done or that a component on the engine may have become damaged when the service was done.This may also be a restricted fuel filter needing replaced and if it was replaced during the service the new filter may be defective needing replaced again.

All of these will cause this issue here.There is a chance this is bad fuel and the fuel may need drained and new fuel added as well as a cleaner for injectors or octane booster to help clean out any debris from the bad fuel but I would have the above checked first to see if any issues are found needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete