Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My 2011 rav4 has an issue ,,, fob is not responding to doors

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** 2011 rav4 has an issue ,,, fob is not responding to doors and i have a oil light slash engine light on all the time issue just started sunday ,, i replaced battery to remote and to vehicle same issue ?buzzing sound coming from under hood can u help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: key fob and vehicle dosnt start /
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes since my rav only has 26,000 miles on
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to begin to know what is failing the first thing that needs to be done is to have the computer system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the light are coming on. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to try and get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a code reader and there is no codes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You may not be able to retrieve these code with a code reader. You should have it scanned with a full scan tool /

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I signed up for this to avoid dealer - please think of another av
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I will open the post back up for you in hopes another has what you need. I can not post a complete answer with out proper information .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave everything in sequence that has transformed ! Waa hoping for a direction ! I know how to use a multimeter if needed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess no interest to the issue