Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007 Toyota Tundra Crew Max. I started my truck up

Customer Question

2007 Toyota Tundra Crew Max. I started my truck up yesterday. As soon as I started it a bunch of warning lights went off. The check engine light was on, the 4LO light was blinking, the VSC light was blinking, and the traction control light was on. I then turned the vehicle off and let it sit for a few minutes. I turned the truck back on and the same warning lights were still on. I put the vehicle into drive, let off the brake and it started coasting without me using the accelerator. The foot feet was inoperable. I applied the brake and put the vehicle in reverse to return to my driveway and parked. Once again, i was unable to use the accelerator as it was inoperable. after putting the vehicle into park, i applied pressure to the foot feet, but with no response. The engine did not race at all. I searched the internet for any similar issues and found someone who had removed the battery cables, reattached them again, and it fixed the problem, I tried this twice, each time allowing the vehicle to sit about 20 minutes before reattaching the cables once again. This did nothing to alleviate the warning lights on the panel or help the accelerator issue. I have no idea why this has happened.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 11 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

It sounds like a couple of fuses may have blown to cause the throttle control system to go into limp mode, this can also be caused by the check engine light being on, the other lights, vsc,track, 4x4 will turn on automatically when the computer has detected and engine control malfunction. The first thing I would like to ask you to do is to open the fuse cover under the hood and have a look at the fuse marked ETCS, try a new fuse there and see if the throttle returns to normal, if it does but the engine light and others still remain on I would need to have the diagnostic codes from the computer, most autoparts stores like autozone can help you get the codes at no charge.

While under the hood, check some of the other fuses as well, let me know how this goes and please get the other codes for me if the warning lights remain on, thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I finally found out which fuse and changed it out with a new fuse but it did not work.....I am not able to get it to the auto store to get codes