Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician with over 30 years of experience, including Toyota and Toyota Hybrid.
24034660

2001 Toyota tundra 4.7 sr5 OBD2 evap monitor test

Customer Question

2001 Toyota tundra 4.7 sr5 OBD2 evap monitor test incomplete. I ran the proper drive cycle. Charcoal canister replaced. No error codes
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mastertech 1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello: For the readness monitors to reset in many cases it takes driving the vehicle for up to a distance of 50 miles, This way the computer will see all sensors, Like 0/2 sensors, and evap pressure readings, and converters(down stream 0/2 sensors) Drive the vehicle for 50 miles, then it should reset so you can have the emissions test performed! Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue. And Have a happy New Years!!