Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I'm ***** ***** I have a 2006 Toyota Avalon code p0015 I

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** ***** I have a 2006 Toyota Avalon code p0015 I have done the up date cams gears and stuff
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have the Toyota lap top pogram I get a change in running o all 4 cams so selanods are working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have put the email address in.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. Thank you for using our service.

Code P0015 on these engines is usually caused by a faulty OCV valve. To test it, you'll need a Toyota Intelligent Tester (with CAN VIM) or equivalent tool:

• Start and warm up engine
  • Connect the intelligent tester and select VVT from the ACTIVE TEST menu
  • Check engine speed when the OCV is operated by the tester:
    • OCV OFF - Normal engine speed
    • OCV ON - Engine runs very rough or stalls

If engine does not run very rough or stall with OCV ON, replace OCV with new part number 15330-0P020.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Best Regards.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have done that thay are working fine

I don't know what you mean by "they are working fine". If the engine runs very rough or stalls when the OCV is turned on for bank 1, then the basic valve timing and VVT operation are probably OK, so you'll need to monitor the signals/PDI from the crank and cam sensors with both the scan tool and a lab scope to see why the ECM thinks the cam timing is retarded and so keeps setting P0015. If the signals are OK on the scope, but the PID are off, then the ECM might need to be re-flashed or replaced.