AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I just purchased a 2012 Tacoma with 26,000 miles. story

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2012 Tacoma with 26,000 miles. Long story short there is a severe amount of engine corrosion and rust. Even the exhaust pipe has spotted rust already. It appears they replaced all the hoses but upon closer inspection I found LOTS of corrosion. Should I be concerned? Other than that, we love it. Clean car fax and no loss reports. One owner.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Compared to most of the cars that we have the pleasure of working on, even cars that are only a few years old, that is pretty clean. I honestly would not worry about that at all. Is that about the worst of it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can I show you more photos?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I should not be concerned about rusted clamps and corroded aluminum?

Ok. There isn't a terrible amount of corrosion. I promise. The last photo is actually the result of their engine cleaning procedure. The aluminum looks very normal for a few year old car. Here in the midwest, all the cars look like that. even our 2013..

I wouldn't worry about the clamps mostly because I see WAAY worse clamps all the time that are still holding well. If you are able to get them to replace the clamps ( which i doubt they would), they would only replace them with the thin worm drive clamps which are not as good as what you currently have.

Does that help, or do you have any other concerns?

.