Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I've got a 1996 toyota tacoma SR5-V6-4x4. I had a problem

Customer Question

Hi , I've got a 1996 toyota tacoma SR5-V6-4x4. I had a problem with the key not coming out of the switch when I turned the truck off. The key wouldn't go past the ACC position to the OFF position . The only way I could get it to the OFF position was to disconnect the battery. So I bought a brand new OEM ignition switch , installed it and it worked fine for two months , now it's starting to do the same thing again. Is there any suggestions of what is causing the problem now or what else could be causing this problem ??
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Tacoma.

Is this a manual or automatic transmission?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Automatic tranny.

Ok, check and see if you notice any extra movement in the PRNDL (shifter)? Does it feel loose when put in Park or other gears?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.

Please allow me to open this question for other Experts. Please do not reply back or it will lock the question back to me. Thanks

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you still need help with this here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.