Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Im ***** ***** my lexus ct200h isnt starting
, and it

Customer Question

Customer: Hi im ***** ***** my lexus ct200h isnt starting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: and it gives me check hybrid system do i need to replace the battery in the back?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 11 months ago.

Hello, have you tried jump starting it, you can use any 12 volt car battery or jumper battery connected to the 12 volt battery in the rear, if it starts this way replace the 12 volt battery, charging the battery with the engine running does not charge the battery up as fast as a regular battery because there is no alternator, the battery is charged with a trickle current of only about 6 amps so it takes a long time to charge back up, at this stage where ir's completely derad it will most likely not take a charge.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried jumping it that way but it still didn't work. And the check hybrid system light comes on it just doesn't crank.

Could be a problem with the power button on the dash, sorry, not much more I can do here, it's going to have to have some diagnostic equipment connected to get some trouble codes to pinpoint the problem, best of luck.