Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician with over 30 years of experience, including Toyota and Toyota Hybrid.
24034660

Please why does my 1994 toyota sprinter stall at stopping?

Customer Question

Hi there. please why does my 1994 toyota sprinter stall at stopping? Just installed new radiator cost three hundred dollars. new coil installed $350.00 too. but i noticed steam near belt. please help.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mastertech 1 replied 11 months ago.

Ok, What is happening, Is the water-pump is leaking coolant, this is why you are seeing steam in the belt area, then the coolant tends to get into the crankshaft sensor wiring connector, causing the computer to react, then inturn it can and will cause it to stall/die out and have a bad idle condition, You need to replace the leaking water-pump, and clean out wiring connections with coolant in them, Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue! And Have a Very Merry Christmas!!