Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My issue is on a 05 Sienna van I hear a intermittent

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and my issue is on a 05 Sienna van I hear a intermittent squeaking noise form brakes. I know what the bad squelling noise means and it is no that type noise at all
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: weird thing it isn't one specific wheel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  I. Silva replied 11 months ago.

Hello...welcome ad thank you for using justanswer.

I need to know a bit more about this noise , is it more noticeable when the vehicle is cold ,like when you first start driving ?

Did you do a brake job lately ,like a couple thousand miles ago ?

Does the noise stops if you step on the brake ?

Is the noise there only if you apply the brakes ?

Let me know.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
More noticeable after start driving.
Had the rear brakes done in August
Noise happens when I step on brake but I do not hear it all the time and it's not the grinding or built-in alert noise that usually accompanies brake issues.

Once the brakes were done not too long ago I am suspecting that the noise is coming from the brake pads,usually they have a coating (paint) on the side of the pad that after a few thousand miles becomes hard like a blade and starts making that noise ,it is more noticeable when you first start driving .

I would try to find out if the noise is coming from front or rear or if not sure ,just remove the pads that were done last and sand paper the edges of the frictional side of the pad.

Also once you pull it apart ,take a look for any signs or marks of anything rubbing on the rotor or backing plate (metal clips that hold the brake pads)

Good luck.

Let me know.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll try that but if doesn't resolve can I reply back to this order ID# ?Thanks

Hi there...have you work on your vehicle ?

Let me know.

Thank you.