cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

From Namibia. My Toyota RAV4 1994 model automatic sometimes

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I am Dawid Bisschoff from Namibia. My Toyota RAV4 1994 model automatic sometimes when I slow down at a traffic light the revs goes low, the engine light comes on and the vehicle stalls. Sometimes I can just restart it immediately, but at stages I am struggling to start it - engine turns but it wont start. Local agents are struggling to operate their diagnostics meter to retrieve any error codes. My RAV's engine is a 3S-FE engine and the VIN is: SXA10-10-0030272. I will appreciate any help you can give me to identify the possible culprit. Thanks and regards
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The info sent is a=basically all I have. If there is anything I can look for and send it to you please let me know. Dawid
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No problem waiting I am going out of coverage up to tomorrow. Regards Dawid
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the fuel pressure is dropping out either because of a clogged fuel filter or a faulty fuel pump, a fuel pressure test would confirm the issue. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not pleas ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions, even after rating is given ,until you are completely satisfied with my answers.