Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Here. I have a 2011 Camry. The trunk will not unlock from

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, ***** ***** here. I have a 2011 Camry. The trunk will not unlock from the inside, and the key won't unlock it from the outside. It feels like the key will break, and I don't want to force it. Is there anyway for me to get inside the trunk and try the latch release?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I tried to unlock the trunk using the electronic key, it beeps and I hear a click, but the trunk does not open. I keep a lot of things in my trunk, and I am wondering if something has gotten jammed up against it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, that's fine.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the vehicle Identification number? Do you have any other keys to try in the cylinder in the trunk lid? IS there any resistance on the lever when you pull it to release the trunk or does it feel like the cable is disconnected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried all of the above during the night. At dealership now. They also checked the valet button in the glove box. They are looking at it now.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

How would you like to proceed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From the reading I did last night, I am guessing the seat may have to come out, though. Don't need your help. It came too late. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I'm not paying for a response that took 5 hours, while the website kept telling me it was only 8 more minutes. I was up all night, and my only choice was to go to the dealer.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about that I just got on this morning.